BEWARE OF PENSKE, ESPECIALLY FOR ONE-WAY RENTALS! THIS IS SO UNHEARD OF - I WILL TAKE THIS TO THE MEDIA, THE COURTROOM, AND MAKE AS MANY PEOPLE WORLDWIDE AWARE OF THIS NEGLIGENT GLOBAL CORPORATION'S LACK OF PROFESSIONALISM, HONESTY, RESPECT FOR THE LAW, AND RESPECT FOR HUMAN LIFE.
I MADE A CASH RESERVATION FOR A ONE-WAY RENTAL WITH THE OWNER OF THEIR MAPLEWOOD, NJ BRANCH - HIS NAME IS "GIL". THE DAY OF PICK-UP, GIL WAS NOT IN AND "BEN" DID THE TRANSACTION. FIRSTLY, BEN CLAIMED HE COULDN'T FIND THE RESERVATION AND HAD TO "CREATE A NEW ONE" IN THE SYSTEM. HE THEN PROCEEDED TO TAKE MY $1,411.16 IN CASH, CHARGED MY DEBIT CARD FOR THE SAME AMOUNT AFTER I WAS TOLD THAT ONLY $100 DEPOSIT ON A CREDIT/DEBIT CARD IS REQUIRED WHEN PAYING IN CASH. - IN OTHER WORDS, "BEN" GOT MY MONEY TWICE, AND DEBIT FOR $1,411.16 WAS UNAUTHORIZED BY ME. THEY ARE COMPLETELY BREAKING THE LAW!!!!
THE 16' TRUCK RENTED WAS DRIVEN FOR LESS THAN 2 HOURS ON THE TRIP, THEN I PULLED OVER TO A REST AREA BECAUSE MY FIANCEE WAS FOLLOWING BEHIND ME AND NEEDED A BREAK. SUDDENLY, THE TIRE WENT COMPLETELY FLAT. WE CALLED PENSKE ROADSIDE ASSISTANCE AROUND 2:30AM, AND IT TOOK 6 HRS FOR REPAIR TO OCCUR AND BE COMPLETED. IT TOOK HOURS AND SEVERAL LENGTHY PHONE CALLS TO GET SERVICE AT ALL. PENSKE GUARANTEES 30-90 MIN. MAX WAITING TIME. THEY NOT ONLY TOLD US A SERVICEMAN THEY CONTRACTED WAS ON HIS WAY, BUT HE THEN RENEGED AND TOLD PENSKE HE WAS NOT COMING TO HELP ME. THEN A 2ND MECHANIC HAD TO BE REACHED DISPATCHED, AND DID NOT COME UNTIL AFTER 7AM, 4+ HRS WAIT TIME! PENSKE REP WITH ROADSIDE DEPT THEN STATED THAT I WILL BE REFUNDED FOR MY CASH TRANSACTION UPON RETURN OF THE TRUCK, AND EXTENDED THE RENTAL BY 24 HRS FOR THE PROBLEMS I EXPERIENCED---BUT NOT UNTIL APPROX 9:30AM WAS I ABLE TO GET BACK ON THE ROAD FOR MY INTRASTATE TRIP. ***THE MECHANIC NOT ONLY STATED THAT ALL 4 VALVE STEMS WERE SEVERELY LOOSE, BUT THE TIRES WERE LOSING PRESSURE AS I WAS DRIVING UNBEKNOWNST TO ME. I COULD'VE EASILY BEEN KILLED.*** THIS WAS A NEW TRUCK, ONLY 386 MILES ON IT AND IT WAS RENTED OUT TWICE BEFORE ME. THE MECHANIC TOOK PHOTOS BECAUSE HE WAS IN DISBELIEF, STATING HE NEVER SAW THIS IN HIS LIFE IN THE INDUSTRY, WHERE ALL 4 STEMS WERE LOOSE (OR COMING LOOSE) AND 1 NEEDED REPLACING. THERE WAS NO FLAT TIRE OR TIRE REPLACED - THE LOSS OF AIR WAS THE REASON FOR THE TIRE'S FLATTENING!!!!
UPON RETURNING THE TRUCK A WEEK LATER AFTER SEVERE DELAYS AND EXTRA MONEY SPENT ON HOTELS, MEDICAL ISSUES THAT WERE AFFECTED, AND MY FIANCEE WITH HER 15-1/2 YEAR OLD DOG FOLLOWING IN HER CAR WERE BOTH DEEPLY AFFECTED BY THIS AS WELL - I TURNED IN THE TRUCK TO PENSKE IN POMPANO BEACH, FL - TO THEN FIND OUT MY DEBIT CARD WAS CHARGED THE SAME AMOUNT I PAID IN CASH! WE CALLED ON SPEAKER PHONE WITH THE FLORIDA REPS TO SPEAK TO GIL, THE OWNER IN NJ, AND HE LITERALLY LAUGHED AT US. HE WAS THE MOST OFFENSIVE PERSON I HAVE DEALT WITH THUS FAR. HE ALSO STATED THAT IT IS "IMPOSSIBLE" FOR ALL 4 VALVE STEMS TO HAVE BEEN LOOSE AND REFUSED TO HEAR US OUT ABOUT THE VEHICLE OR THE CASH THEFT BY BEN.
HOWEVER, IN WRITING ON THE ROADSIDE INVOICE, THE MECHANIC SPECIFIED THE PROBLEMS AND THE FACT THAT ALL 4 NEEDED TIGHTENING, AS WELL AS ONE NEEDED REPLACEMENT ALTOGETHER. - ***SEE PHOTOS, DETAILED INVOICE IS NOT SHOWN FOR PRIVACY REASONS***
AFTER DEALING WITH PENSKE REPS AND SO-CALLED MANAGERS FOR 3 WEEKS AND BEING GIVEN THE RUNAROUND, ALSO THEN SPEAKING TO THEIR CORPORATE HQ IN READING, PA - THE DIRECTOR OF SECURITY, RAY ZALE AND HIS SUPERVISOR, DREW S. POLENTI, SHUT DOWN ANY TYPE OF POSSIBILITY THAT THEIR REP STOLE MY CASH, AND MR. POLENTI ALSO STATED THAT IT IS "IMPOSSIBLE" FOR ALL 4 STEMS TO HAVE BEEN LOOSE, INDIRECTLY IMPLYING THAT I OR SOMEONE I KNOW TAMPERED WITH THE TRUCK! IT SEEMS PENSKE IS TAUGHT TO USE THE WORD "IMPOSSIBLE" QUITE OFTEN.
DO NOT USE PENSKE OR ITS AFFILIATES!!! THE OWNER IN READING, PA AND OTHER OFFICERS OF THE CORPORATION WERE MADE AWARE OF THIS SITUATION ALSO, AND HAVE COMPLETELY IGNORED MY REQUEST FOR COMPENSATION AT THE VERY LEAST FOR THE THEFT OF MY CASH - THEY THINK THEY CAN POLICE THEIR OWN ACTIONS WITHOUT RECOURSE. NO LONGER AS FAR AS I'M CONCERNED! HERE ARE THE ADDITIONAL NAMES:
Brian Hard, CEO & President
Marc Althen, Pres. of Logistics
William Scroggie, Sr. VP of Operations for Eastern Region
Paul Ott, Sr. VP of Finance - Logistics
Paul Prang, Sr. VP of N. Central Region
I AM PRESSING CRIMINAL CHARGES ON THEIR MAPLEWOOD, NJ REP THAT STOLE MY CASH, AS WELL AS CIVIL/CRIMINAL CLAIMS VS. PENSKE ITSELF FOR THE RETURN OF MY MONEY AND OTHER DAMAGES I WILL NOT MENTION.
More Review Details
|Diversity of Products or Services|
|Discounts and Special Offers|
|Product or Service Quality|
|Value for money|
What I liked
What I disliked
- Entire experience
- Thievery of my cash for the rental
- No customer service
- Lies about the danger of the conditions of the truck
You May Also Like
- "Thirteen Days Ago, on July 18, 2014, around 8:30am, my parked Chrysler 300C was hit by an Enterprise Chevy Captiva rental car. My car was knocked up on the curb..."
- "I made a reservation for a rental car last night on advantage.com. I read all the verbiage that was on my reservation screen. Apparently, you have to click..."
- "This happened to us in Cancun at the airport terminal. When they gave us the car, unfortunately we did not do a thoroughly inspection and when we return it they..."
- "My name is Eddy and 2 years ago Johnny cured my 7+ year cocaine and heroin addiction. I just went back for my annual reboot and reset and I am..."
- "Last Monday I had nine teeth pulled and my upper jaw and was given a prescription for 20 Vicidon. The pharmacist would not fill it because she said it had..."
- "I have a 1999 Fleetwood Discovery. Its a very popular layout. I have a Freightliner Chassis under me. Its commercial midium range bus chassis. Ive had minor roof leak..."
- "In less then a month I went from size 20 to size 16! I have more energy, less back and hip pain, and I find myself smiling more often. The..."
- "In short I have had a pair of lucky jeans for over ten years still my favorite. Baught 3 new pairs 3 months ago and they fell apart. old tag..."
- " I purchased two tickets was charge for for leaving my bank account overdrawn by $13 not knowing until the end of the park I checked as I took my..."